Old May 28th 08, 08:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
tom418

Default Gear Trouble

Besides high CHTs, (and depending on where your antenna is) your
transponder operation may not be normal. I did a 200 mile gear down ferry
flight years ago, with ATC complaining that my TXPR was inop.
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
On May 27, 8:06 pm, "Kobra" wrote:

I couldn't reach my mechanic all night and after dinner I was telling my
wife that we should get a hotel for the night until I could talk to my A&P
or the mechanics at Big Sky Aviation. She just looked at me stoically and
asked, "Why don't we just fly home with the gear down?"

If you do you might see if you can get a gear lock installed. I've
seen them in the Mooney world. Its a physical thing that attaches to
the gear and holds it in the locked position (usually to roll it
around when the gear is not assembled). In anycase, you'll want to
have an A&P at least visually check that the gear is fully locked
before you try a gear down flight. Also, expect high CHTs.

-Robert