Old April 6th 05, 05:31 PM
Matt Barrow

"Ray" wrote in message
maps.google.com

search for your favorite airport identifier, then click on the satellite
view in the upper left hand corner.

Google keeps putting out amazing stuff.

Google's interface is nice, and I'm sure I'll be using this feature a lot

in
the future. However, I'd just like to point out that this kind of
functionality has been around for almost a decade now at the site
terraserver.microsoft.com . I usually use terraserver to get a feel for

the
surroundings before I fly to an unfamiliar airport.

On Airnav.com, each airport listing has the following links:
Road maps at: MapQuest MapPoint Yahoo! Maps Google Rand McNally
Topographic chart at: TopoZone
Satellite photo at: TerraServer

I'd rather use AltaVisa and tell Google to shove their PC BS. :~)