Old November 4th 04, 12:17 AM
Blanche

Matt Whiting wrote:
C Kingsbury wrote:

My dream team is Giuliani-Rice. Not likely to happen but the Red Sox weren't
supposed to beat the Yankees after being down 0-3 either. That team could
put nearly the entire country in play.

Mine is Giuliani-Powell. Nothing against Rice, but I've been impressed
with Powell since he first came on the scene in Desert Storm.

Rice has never had an elected position, so I'm rather apprehensive
about that. As for Powell -- very unlikely as his family is very
much against it, and he's stated it.

On the other hand, if Rehnquist resigns, Sandra Day O'Connor is next
in line for Chief Justice of the Supremes! But as one pundit said today,
she's already got huge power as the swing vote all the time.