Old November 24th 04, 04:38 PM
Stan Gosnell

(smackey) wrote in
m:

OK, I'm flying my local VOR-A which calls for an outbound heading of
252, then I'm suppoosed to turn 45 deg to 207 to begin the PT.

No, that's on the plate only for information, to tell you what heading a 45
degree turn would require. You can fly any heading you like, and any time
you like, as long as you are on the PT side of the course and remain within
10 miles. You certainly want to compensate for crosswinds, and the easiest
way is to turn 45 degrees from the heading you were holding outbound. That's
not required, it's just a quick guess. Using the GPS to maintain a ground
track of 207 also works, if you have one. The only real requirements are to
make the turn on the barbed side, stay within 10 miles, and intercept the
final approach course without overshooting too badly.

--
Regards,

Stan