Old August 17th 04, 11:36 PM
David Takemoto-Weerts

Visit this site: http://www.ornithopter.org/flapflight/default.htm

....for information on flying model ornithopter kits that are avaialable.

David Takemoto-Weerts
Davis, CA USA

In rec.aviation.restoration Qingpei Hu wrote:
: Hi, Dear All,

: I have alwaying been thinking to make a light, tiny, paper(or some
: other light material) butterfly, that could fly with flapping his
: wings by some mechanical power engine(like clockwork spring or elasic,
: or else).

: While I was a child, I liked playing paper-plane very much. I have
: many paper-planes, made by various methods. But none could fly with
: FLAPPING their wings. Whenever I see some birds over fly, I would
: remember the dream of childhood.

: Have you seen any craft that could fly by flapping his wings?
: especially one with light, and tiny body, like paper...

: I am consiering whether I could make one by myself...Any suggestions
: would be welcome!

: Thank you!

: Regards,
: Neon