Old September 1st 19, 11:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default Hurricane Dorian and impact on Florida Glider operations

On Sunday, September 1, 2019 at 6:11:20 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Sunday, September 1, 2019 at 1:54:10 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Cat 5 Thermal
I was attaching ply to my bug out van.

Henry was never well coordinated, he makes sloppy turns!!

Well, I am about as prepared as I have ever been, this is not looking good here on the Treasure Coast. I have been through many Hurricanes in my 45 years in Florida, but this one is really bad. Could be the most powerful hurricane in recorded history. The keys had one in the early 1900's and one hit Lake Okeechobee that killed 5 thousand people. Batten down those hatches boys, get plenty of Frigate Rum and weather the storm. Bob