Old January 29th 06, 05:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Whats the deal with counter-rotating props?

MORE critical if you loose it

consider the single engine service ceiling of most light twin aircraft, and
where you would be flying it

IIRC the SE service ceiling of a Twin Comanche is about 3800MSL (Density
Altitude), or below the ground level of most places out here in the mid
west.

The second engine, on failure of the first engine, will only lead you to a
landing location, not necessarily of your choosing.

BT

"Dico" wrote in message
oups.com...
So with counter rotating props I won't have the plane want to go left?
Or I'd really have to hammer down the right rudder? Even worse if one
engine quit, I could be screwed? And I'm guessing the critical engine
comes into play here. Although I'm not sure if the critical engine
means its the good one (its critical you keep it) or the bad one (its
critical if you lose it)....

-Dico