Old April 17th 05, 07:45 PM
Chris

"Peter R." wrote in message
Chris wrote:

Looking to fly into Niagara falls "International" in July can anyone give
me
some advice on the airport, what to watch for, best FBO etc. Will be
aiming
to arrive from the west hopping over southern Ontario

Do you plan on overflying the falls or are you just going to the airport?
If you want to circle the falls, there is a procedure out of the A/FD that
contains the discreet frequency on which scenic traffic should
self-announce, the below 3,500 restricted airspace over the falls, and the
recommended pattern you should fly. If you do not have the A/FD, I can
scan the pertinent page and post it to my website for you.

Regarding the FBO, there is only one. The few times I have been there
they have been a very friendly and helpful staff. There is a landing fee
of $3.00 or $6.00 (I cannot remember the exact amount, but it is trivial).
Fuel is not a deal.

Call the FBO's frequency when about 10 minutes out and request a cab, if
you need a ride to the falls area. Cab fare should be about US$16 or so.

Peter, being in the UK it would be helpful to see the A/FD page you refer
too until I get there and buy my own. I was planning to go to the airport
and visit the Falls from there. I did anticipate that there might be post
9/11 restrictions on sightseeing.

Landing in Canada either is not really an option as it would be just too
complicated for obvious reasons.

Plan is to fly from MSN to PVD stopping enroute to visit the Falls and stay
overnight in Niagara Falls. Returning from PVD a few days later.

The trip should also meet my commercial cross country requirement as I will
be alone for the return trip at least. At the last calculation we are
talking of some 850 nm depending on the exact route taken.

cb