Old April 28th 07, 04:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Wayne Paul

Default An Interview With Chuck Yeager

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
k.net...

"Wayne Paul" wrote in message

You can't deny that the Japanese internment was based on race.

What was German and Italian internment based on?

Resident aliens?

A few questions for you:

What was the percentage of interned Italians and Germans were Resident
aliens, Nationalized U.S. Citizens, and Citizens Born in the USA?

My father spoke with a strong German accent and he was never questioned.
His grand parents immigrated and became citizens. If they would have come
from Japan instead of Germany we would have been interned.

If you can show me that the interned Germans and Italians had as high a
percentage of US Citizens as the Japanese, I will concede that it was not a
mater of race.

Wayne

http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder