Old October 6th 07, 04:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Bob Noel

Default Loggable?

In article ,
(Paul Tomblin) wrote:

Flying to an unfamiliar airport, in very hazy conditions, I was cleared
for the visual for 28 not too long before sunset. I could see the
ground below me at 6,000 feet, but I couldn't see a damn thing in front
of me because of the sun in my eyes and the haze, so I asked for and was
given the ILS 28. I intercepted and flew the glideslope down just like
I'd do in IMC, and I finally saw the runway when I was about 500 AGL. So,
is that a loggable approach or not?

fwiw - I believe that it's a loggable approach. I believe that in-flight
visibilty/actual conditions trumps ground-reported/forecast conditions

--
Bob Noel
(goodness, please trim replies!!!)