Old September 3rd 19, 03:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BG[_4_]

Default another crash

With the plane and cockpit mostly intact, I am curious what kills you in this impact. Would a airbag under the pilots save him in this situation. Looks to be he pancaked in and broke off cockpit and tail boom section where the attach to the metal tube frame that holds wings and main landing gear.

BG

On Sunday, September 1, 2019 at 3:04:49 PM UTC-7, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Steve Leonard wrote on 8/31/2019 8:33 PM:
On Saturday, August 31, 2019 at 10:19:15 PM UTC-5, kinsell wrote:

It still works for me. Fatal crash of motorglider, Aug 25 at Buckley
Washington, near Tacoma. Clipped trees after takeoff. I'm not finding
anything else.

Registry shows owner has a DG-300. Don't see any evidence of a motor in the pictures. Maybe a low altitude release? Condolences to the family and all his friends.

Steve Leonard

I was told by a person that knows people in the affected club that the pilot was
attempting a landing at the airfield, because he was unable to stay aloft.. He was
launched from Bergseth field a few miles away.