Old May 16th 04, 10:19 PM
Sla#s

wrote in message

The TR gearboxes were impressive for the size. The B2B isn't all bad.
I tried to buy the ones off the crashed one, but they wouldn't let me.
Like I said, if they weren't housed in 2" galvanized pipe fittings,
then they were in something else that exact same size and shape. If
you have the blueprints of the gearboxes, I'd like to see them.

Dennis.

No sorry no blue prints.
From the look of them I believe that all the parts could be standard off the
shelf parts. Bevel gears, right angle case boxes, shims, steel drive tube
and alloy outer tube.
I don't believe Brantly manufacture them (From memory the MRGB was made by
someone in Ohio.)
There are a couple of gear manufactures in the UK who provide standard parts
similar to the Brantly's. I'm sure you could find the same in the US.
But the clever part in the Brantly tail drive was the Archimedes screw oil
pump.

Slatts