Old November 2nd 06, 04:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Arnold

Default Jonker 18 meter sailplane

I have been looking at the website for this new sailplane --
http://www.jonkersailplanes.co.za/.

One photo has this caption: "The post curing oven is almost completed.
All components must be post-cured at 60°C for minimum 12 hrs for the
epoxy to achieve its LBA approved specifications."

I know that high-tech sailboats are post cured, but it was my impression
that sailplanes were not, and this was a reason that some have problems
with subsequent changes in wing shape.

Is Jonkers using a better technology that everyone else, or is
post-curing already done by other manufacturers?