Old March 21st 07, 10:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default High altitude jump from a nearly forgotten age

Where are today's heros?

My heroes in soaring are the guys out west doing amazing cross country
flights. Gordon, Kemp, and others. Of course there is Jim Hard doing
DIAMOND downwind flights in his 1-26 from Minnesota, and then sitting
down with me at supper to hear about my puny flights.

And you know what? This young punk reads books about the hero's of
your youth, Kittinger, Kuettner etc, and idolizes them as well.