Old March 22nd 07, 07:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ralph Jones[_2_]

Default High altitude jump from a nearly forgotten age

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 16:03:38 -0600, "Bill Daniels"
bildan@comcast-dot-net wrote:

Remembering those days make tears come to my eyes.

My High School buddy Wolfgang Braun, the son of a 'Operation Paperclip'
scientist,

I worked for a couple of Paperclippers for about six months, doing my
Master's thesis project in a lab at WPAFB. My thesis advisor was Herr
Erich Soehngen (Herr not Doktor because the Eighth Air Force had
terminated his dissertation project prematurely), and the head of the
lab was Hans von Ohain, whose projects in the Forties had borne a bit
more fruit...

rj