Old October 20th 20, 10:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default The Apology

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 5:06:01 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Here are the feedback letters concening this.

The 3rd and 4th had the patience to clearly explain the issue.

https://mydigitalpublication.com/pub...er&v er=html5

Basically instead of welcoming women, the ad brought back memories of days when women were supposed to be worshipping pilots instead of being pilots.

With hindsight, perhaps SSF could have run same picture with the lady having just piloted a glider 1000k, the guy astonished with the no engine thing, and the tag line talking about the love of flying?

Stu, let me take a moment and ask each of these women the basic question, what have you done for soaring? They have certainly benefitted from the exposure to soaring and I will never judge their ability, only their judgement.
This topic really is disturbing, what these females have done is dig a big hole, I don't think they have a shovel big enough to dig their way out.