Old October 28th 20, 03:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Js3 jet catastrophic failure.

On Tuesday, October 27, 2020 at 9:33:04 PM UTC-7, Darren Braun wrote:
Oh wow.. so people are charging $30,000 - $50,000 to install the door and retraction system? Like the one Chris did or the 1-26 at the convention? Paying more for the retraction system than the glider itself seems off to me for some reason.

Years ago, probably 6 years now I was quoted between 30 to 35k to convert a glider, like an ASW20, to jet power. I believe it was a kit made in europe and could be installed by a place like Williams(experts in composite work on gliders). I am sure it is well over 40k these days if they still do those conversions. Dont' forget the all the other things like 5G fuel tank that would need to be placed on CG, a way to fill it and ecu control in the cockpit.

Was that quote including the engine?