Old July 9th 03, 10:12 PM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 13:24:01 -0500, Ross Richardson
wrote:

That's correct and defines LADOS (the localizer and ELD 018/2miles) I
had a similar problem (before I got my certified GPS) for KGYI. Newly
commissioned ILS and it came out with a ADF REQUIRED on the plate. I
contacted the FAA and we discussed. I also submitted that the outer
marker (DNI) could be easily defined by the feeder route from BYP and
the localizer. I still do not understand the reason; must be something
in the TERPS.

I believe it has something to do with a concept called "positive course
guidance".