Old July 18th 08, 04:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

Default High time airframe question

In article
,
xyzzy wrote:

Assuming proper maintanence and a good airframe log/book inspection,
are there any concerns about high time airframes, like insurability,
etc? My partners and I are looking at a warrior with over 11,000
AFTT.

It is the KIND of time in those 11000 hours that matters. If the plane
has spent most of its time in the air, with only a couple of pilots,
rather than as a student pilot hack, it is a far more attractive
proposition.

There can be far more abused airplanes, with much lower time on them,
out there.

I recall an auction of a C185 that had high time and had spent life in
Alaska as a seaplane. I wouldn't have touched that one with a 10-foot
pole!