Old July 2nd 03, 09:59 PM
non

Just don't go looking at high-time Piper PA38 Tomahawks, they have an explicit
end-of-airworthiness life on the wings at something like 10k or 11K hours and
certain parts of the tailfeathers must be replaced much sooner than that.

I personally know of a little Cessna 150 that has well over 11K hours on it, and
the owner has maintained it to near perfect condition since he bought it brand
new back in 1974. Probably will go another 10K. I took my first 9 lessons in
that plane and the airframe is still as strong as ever.