Old May 28th 05, 12:49 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, (Peter Bauer) said:
I'm interested in the ASES-Add-On to my Certificate, but what if i'd

Once you get the ASES, there is no difference between "add on" or if it
were your first and only certificate. It still says "ASES" on your
license.

like to rent a seaplane after the Rating Add-On, is this possible
directly after doing it or do i've to get experience with a CFI after
it ?

My experience is that there are damn few places that will rent you a
seaplane for solo flight, and fewer every day. The insurance companies
hate seaplanes, and they hate renters in "unusual" aircraft, and a rental
seaplane has both strikes against it.

--
Paul Tomblin
http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/