Old May 29th 05, 12:40 AM
Peter Duniho

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
No one will rent a sea plane solo in the U.S. that I am aware of.
Insurance killed this about 5 years ago.

Never say "never".

SPA lists at least a few seaplane operators that will rent some of their
fleet solo (typically something like a Cub or C172 on floats).

I doubt one could find anyone willing to rent a seaplane on a flight to the
Bahamas, and it's definitely true that seaplane rentals are extremely
limited (even where you can rent them, you are often restricted to flights
of 25 miles or a similarly short distance, for example).

But never say "never".

Pete