Old October 28th 05, 01:20 PM
Mike Murdock

Default 396 question

The 396 (actually, the GXM 30 "hockey puck" that came with it) contains two
XM receivers -- one for XM Weather, and one for XM Radio. In order to
activate an XM Receiver, the XM folks need to know the receiver's ID -- a
combination of numerals and letters.

The 396 uses one ID for both receivers. You can find the ID by going to the
Main Menu page, and selecting the "XM" icon from the left side, and then
selecting the "Information" subtab from the top of the screen.

So, if the XM people ask you if the XM WX and XM Radio use the same ID, the
answer is "Yes."

-Mike

"dlevy" wrote in message
This is ridicoulous.

I just bought a 396 and want weather and XM radio. The XM people want to
know something about whether or not I have both weather and radio on the
same channel. I have no idea what they are talking about. I'm sure
someone has been asked and has answered this question already. What do I
tell the XM people?

Can't they all just get along?