Old November 29th 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vaughn Simon

Default Who has priority on a taxiway?

OK, perhaps I had my head up my... errr, you know. Perhaps the other guy
could have made a better radio call. Anyhow...

I landed at a very quiet uncontrolled field a few weeks ago. As I taxied
back on the taxiway for my departure, I kept hearing a helicopter calling out
pattern legs for a place called "tango". As I recall, he never mentioned the
name of the field, or used the word "taxiway" in his radio call, so I assumed
that he was just practicing at some nearby pad. (My error, when in doubt...) It
wasn't until I had taken off that I realized that I had been using taxiway T. I
probably seriously ****ed the guy off, and/or risked having a helicopter land on
top of me.

Lesson learned!

So now the question. Who has priority on a taxiway? Surface traffic or
landing traffic?

Vaughn

--
Will poofread for food.