Old April 30th 18, 08:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default push rod and bearing inspection.

With UH's expert oversight and assistance, completed a wing refinish last month on my ASW 24. The original, 26-year-old mylar seals were still working fine (I always trailer with the aileron locks) and stuck down very tightly.. The biggest problem was getting the old adhesive off.

I had replaced the Tesa safety tape about 10 years ago and it was less impressive--the adhesive was more powdery when we pulled the tape off--but still intact.

My glider lives in the trailer, which is stored outside. I suspect the life of the seals would be reduced if the glider were tied down outside..

Now to see if the replacement seals last another 26 years!

Chip Bearden
JB