Old February 21st 19, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default TOW PLANE Accident

I have never regretted my decision to retire from towing.

Recently a good friend started to tow and he asked me for advice.Â* I
told him, "Don't let them kill you!Â* Stay alert and release the glider
at the first sign that the pilot is not in control of the glider."

On 2/21/2019 1:52 AM, Jim White wrote:
I am always concerned when I see a camera in the cockpit. The temptation to
be film director as well as pilot is too great. We are only able to apply
full focus to one task at a time. Especially important at critical points
of the flight like the tow, thermalling, circuit, and landing.

At Booker we had a bad accident when a passenger's camera was dropped in
the works. I will not fly passengers holding cameras.

If this accident is as we suspect, then this was totally avoidable and
there would be one more tuggie about.

Jim

--
Dan, 5J