Old July 20th 06, 02:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Paul Tomblin

Default Student practices landing with gear up

In a previous article, "steve" said:
They just sent me an email stating that a student pilot from the flight
center they share it with, landed it with the gear up. How embarrassing,
especially since the plane has an automatic gear down deployment once it
drops below 100mph and the manifold and rpm resemble a landing
configuration. He/she must have shut it off. It has a loud alarm that sounds
off in that situation, so I don't know what might have happened..

Two possibilities:
- he disabled it when he was doing air work earlier OR
- he landed at 90 knots and half throttle.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
You had me at