Old April 19th 05, 02:56 PM
Jay Masino

In rec.aviation.piloting J.A.M. wrote:
Now, seriously... do you think that having adrift animals in the cockpit is
such a cool idea? Not a wise thing in a car, imagine in a three-axis moving
vehicle...
And if I ever did I'd do my best to ensure that they stay on the seat... no
zero G's excursion. I don't want the animal to knock my head around, much
less get panicky and start yapping, biting, running around the controls.
IMHO it's one of the dumbest ideas you could ever have.
Sorry but couldn't resist. Had to say it.

I doubt if most people are doing zero G manuevers while their pets are in
the back. Personally, I fly more conservatively when my dog's aboard. I'd
be more concerned about having some whining, crying child in the backseat.
Zena just sits there and looks out the window, or lays down. If no one is
with me in the passenger seat, I'll use a bungee cord to prevent the seat
from flopping forward. I have considered putting a harness on her, with a
short lead to the seatbelt anchors. I just want to make sure she's as
comfortable as possible. She doesn't fly with me all that often.

http://www2.ari.net/jmasino/private/PICT0105.JPG

--- Jay

--
__!__