Old February 9th 04, 06:13 AM
Judah

I do appreciate that. And yes, you are right. Before I go logging time
for IFR currency that seems to conflict with the Regs and the FAQ, I want
a copy of the document that supports me when the FAA comes-a-knockin' at
my door... I suspect a copy of your post on Google.Com will not hold
up...

But I am still trying to figure out how to identify the document in my
request to the FAA, though. Is there a docket number or some other
identifying code? I suspect there were many legal opinions written by the
Chief Counsel in 1984. I am not a lawyer, so perhaps I am asking an
obvious or stupid question. But I would love to have a copy of this
document for my files... An on-line reference would be most convenient if
available...

I have done a search on faa.gov, but that has turned up empty because it
seems they only go back to 1995...

Thanks!

Ron Rosenfeld wrote in
:

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 06:48:17 GMT, Judah wrote:

The bottom line is that I am still looking for any specific, official
document that supports the case for being able to log instrument flight
time (either in Actual or Simulated instrument conditions) while solo
in VFR conditions under any circumstances.

It seemed as if you wanted a copy of the original document. I gave you
the government source for that information. Under FOIA, you should be
able to contact them to obtain the document, knowing also that it was
written in 1984.

If you wish to pay for the document, Summit Aviation publishes a fully
searchable database of vital aviation publications, updated bi-weekly,
which should include this legal interpretation. I believe you can
purchase a single CD, but you'd have to check their web site for more
information.