Old July 24th 03, 02:39 PM
Dennis O'Connor

I was at my hangar yesterday when I observed a local push a Scout out onto
the taxiway, fire it up, and takeoff directly from that spot... It did cut
down the Hobbs time, I guess...

Denny

"john smith" wrote in message
CVBreard wrote:

What's the best way intercept the runway centerline?

At $100/hr, I make a bee-line at high cruise for a point about 1/2 mile

from
the approach end. (Assumes you're cleared to land, and #1)

But that's just me....I don't dawdle around in the pattern (at $100/hr).

And I don't land at the VASI touchdown point on long runways and then

spend
5-10 unnecessary minutes taxiing, holding short, etc (at $100/hr). :-)

Time IS money!

Gee, I thought I was the only one that thought that way!