Old July 26th 05, 09:06 PM
Skywise

"Gig 601XL Builder" wr.giacona@coxDOTnet wrote in
news:AkrFe.49$_t.41@okepread01:

Snipola
Assuming that you mean TV cop REALITY show please keep in mind that
sniper is a VERY small subset of police shooting skill and he was
probably shooting for the guys head anyway and missed.

Oh no, the program made it very clear that the intent of the
sniper was to shoot the suspects gun, thus saving both lives.

Snipola
Just to keep this thread somewhat on topic years ago we had a problem of
many deers on the runway at the airport. The PD's Emergency Reaction
Team (AKA SWAT) decided to use it as a training excersise. 5 "snipers"
along with their spoters surrounded the suspect deers and when through
the entire process of setting up their shots just as they might in a
multi badguy hostage situation. When the commander gave the go code
there was much sound and smoke and I will let you guess how many dead
deer.

Snipola

Any idea what the range to target was?

Brian