Old April 1st 04, 12:43 PM
Dan Thompson

I can't think of a reason to keep them after they have been superceded. A
post-it note that you throw away with each new check, or fill up with 3-4
checks then start a new one, would be perfectly adequate. The record
requirement for VOR checks is kind of an anachronism, really.

"Otis Winslow" wrote in message
.. .
I have pages in a notebook in the plane for VOR checks. That way I
have a record of how the VOR has been over a period of time. There's
quite a few lines on each page .. no not much space to keep them
for a while.

"Ross Oliver" wrote in message

So here's a question I had never thought of until getting my
instrument rating and owning an IFR-equipped aircraft: how long
should records of VOR checks be retained? Do they need to be
retained at all? Can the FAA come to me and ask, "Remember that
IFR flight to SLO you made 2 years ago? Show us the VOR check for
that flight."

This came to mind because the next VOR check entry will fill up
the form I have been using, and I'll have to start a new one. So
I have to decide whether to discard the filled sheet, or save it
somewhere. Is there any value to saving these with the aircraft
maintenance records?

Happy landings,
Ross Oliver