Old September 25th 08, 08:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brian[_1_]

Default Shorter Competitions

Are all "serious" events in the US (even Regionals) 7+ days long?

--Noel

Hi Noel,

I think very few regionals are more than 7 days.
Region 8 is typically Sunday through Saturday over the 4th of July
weekend.

They have tried the split weekend contest before, but I believe they
found the continuous contest had better participation and was easier
to plan for. I know I prefer the continuous contest, but then I have
to drive 300 miles one way to get to it.

2009 Region 8 is scheduled to have the 18 meter nationals. which will
be 10 days Tuesday through the following Thursday over the 4th of July
weekend. I suspect that they will run a shorter Sports Class Regional
contest during the same time.

Brian.