Old April 17th 20, 10:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default It's OK to soar

On Friday, April 17, 2020 at 3:20:49 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Isn't that interesting.

If says maybe 50x more cases than have been confirmed.
Still only a few percent. Seems too few for herd immunity, but too many for contact tracing.

For the general population, ending this seems like a question of not if, but when and how you get immune.

If (kind of a big if) social distancing has made a medically sustainable situation, how do you morph it to make it also economically sustainable?

As a test case, how would you staff a meat packing plant?

I'm no doctor, but logically, isn't it...

"The same way you always did" ?

If that study turns out to be reflective of what's really happening in the larger population, I think it says that the urgent need is figuring out how to identify and treat or protect those that are vulnerable to severe symptoms. The rest of us will be fine. It also says that you are probably going to be exposed to this bug sometime this year unless you take truly extraordinary measures.

It says that the incidence of severe illness is quite low.

T8