Old February 6th 11, 02:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
John Doe[_4_]

Default Taxi calculator? (propeller type and speed, aircraft weight, taxi speed)

"Flaps_50!" moreflaps gmail.com wrote:

John Doe j... usenetlove.invalid wrote:
"Flaps_50!" moreflaps gmail.com wrote:
John Doe j... usenetlove.invalid wrote:

Is there such a calculation/formula? How can you tell what
propeller to use, how fast it should rotate, and how much
weight it can push along the ground?

Specifically... I would like to tell what sort and size of
propeller rotating at what speed, in calm air to push 100 or
200 pounds on smooth and level pavement with zero rolling
resistance to about 20 mph.

20 mph is too fast for taxying.

Okay then, use 10 mph.

What are you asking about -zero rolling resistance????

Providing givens is common when asking for a calculation. By
suggesting zero rolling resistance, I was trying to make it
easier or at least achievable for anyone who has a clue. The
fact that you do not have a clue is useful information, but I
could have figured that out without your babbling.

Hmm. What do you think makes it hard to push a plane -zero
rolling resistance?

You need to take a few more English-as-a-second-language lessons
and learn how to construct a sentence.

Given its weight, an aircraft might have more rolling resistance
than wind resistance when taxiing. But I would think that inertia
and wind resistance would play a big part too.

Don't be so rude

**** you.

when you don't know how to frame a problem properly.

Is English your second language?

Describe the problem properly and someone may be able to help
you

....or lead me on a wild goose chase, or troll me, whatever you
feel like doing.

but after your rude response it won't be me.

In other words... "I really don't know".
--

See also Google Groups
From: "Flaps_50!" moreflaps gmail.com
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.av iation.homebuilt