Old December 3rd 10, 03:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
mjacobslaw

Default Staggerwings, pt 5 - Beech 17 45.jpg

That's not a Beech 17 - it's a kit-built, all-composite (fiberglas) modern design of similar configuration.

Note the lack of interplane struts, the single-strut main landing gear, and the smooth surface of the wings and fuselage (not fabric over ribs and stringers).

I forget what the designer called this "retro" design, but I saw one on display at the kit-seller's booth at Oshkosh '96, so they've been around for a while.

Mike