Old February 17th 06, 03:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Concorde Vs Bullet

The F-104, armed with a high velocity 20 mm Vulcan cannon
shot itself down during flight testing ground attack. It
passed the hail of bullets while in a dive. So, the bullets
will leave the barrels, but they slow down since they have
no continuous propulsion. The aircraft can pass the
bullets, something that is handled by training.

some support

"rick_little99" wrote in message
oups.com...
|A friend and I were having a debate on a rumour that we
once heard.
| The rumour went along the lines, If concorde (or and other
supersonic
| aircraft for that matter) was fitted with guns then the
bullets would
| not be able to leave the muzzle or it would shoot itself
if it fired
| them while cruising. Assuming that the bullets velocity
and the speed
| of the aircraft are the same, what are your thoughts on
what would