Old September 4th 05, 03:54 PM
W P Dixon

Gary,
I agree with you 100% most of the victims in New Orleans are
black,...but I have not seen alot of coverage on the other coastal areas.
Has anyone gone down and checked on the Cajun villages in southern LA, and I
read a few newspaper articles from MS that have people there wondering where
their help is..black and white. Not saying it is or isn't the media's fault,
but I just have not seen it. And I really do wonder about all those small
towns south of New Orleans ...one has to guess they are probably wiped from
the face of the earth?

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

"Gary Drescher" wrote in message
"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
Gary Drescher wrote:
"Matt Whiting" wrote in message

Yes, that is what the liberal media would have you believe and that is
why you mainly see black people on the roofs. It doesn't help the
agenda nearly as much to show a balanced cross section of those in
desparate straits.

Huh? Are you actually not aware that the vast majority of people
stranded in New Orleans are black? You think the journalists are just
hiding the pictures of the white folks when they pan their cameras down
the streets or around the stadium?

Majority, yes, 100%, no. I've not seen a white or Hispanic person yet
shown on a roof waiting. Are you actually not aware that the media shows
what is controversial rather than what actually is?

The news media craves dramatic imagery. Every available photograph of
people stranded on the roofs of nearly submerged houses is dramatic enough
to get wide circulation. Do you really suppose the media is suppressing
the photos of white people on rooftops?

More importantly, do you have a shred of *evidence* to support such a
supposition? (For example, have you found such suppressed photos in the
right-wing news outlets or blogs?) And can you explain why the images of
the hurricane victims more generally (apart from the handful of available
rooftop photos) do *not* exclude the minority of white victims, if there's
a liberal conspiracy to show only the black ones?

It's not enough that the victims of this natural disaster are being blamed
by some. You've even figured out a way to blame the news media for
*showing* the victims if the victims are disproportionately black.

--Gary