Old April 11th 20, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default What have we learned from all this?

On Saturday, April 11, 2020 at 11:04:45 AM UTC+1, Paul B wrote:
OP was that Germany has a 0.3% lethality figure.

He is perfectly correct based on the study quoted. In the study they have included all people that were infected now and in the past. The mortality is precisely that. The number of people dying over the total number of infections.

They currently have a bit less than 2% lethality.

No they do not. The 2% is simply the number of deaths over the number of infections that they know off.

The German study is the first one that I know that tries to look at the number of total infections in broader society to calculate the actual mortality rate.

Cheers

Paul

The validity rests on the the sensitivity and specificity of the antibody tests and so far according to UK testing none of those available so far are good enough. If the Germans have really accurate tests I hope they let us know in the UK.