Old March 4th 20, 10:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default Controlled Fires For Florida.

The seniors contest is right around the corner and things could be heating up for the weather and soaring conditions. Florida has been very wet during the winter months, usually our dry period. Now that the winds are increasing we seem to be drying out even the swamp areas are now being burned off in controlled burn areas. Just in the last two weeks controlled burns are having a huge impact on soaring conditions south of Avon Park, which happens to be the best area in Florida for soaring.
I am planning an invitational soaring camp for next year that will start the week after the seniors event and will consist of a 5 or 7 day soaring safari starting deep in the Everglades, with fun events for the entire week. We will probably limited to 20 or so participants for the event. More information on this event will be forthcoming. Bob, Treasure Coast Soaring Club