Old July 20th 03, 05:47 PM
Peter Gottlieb

There's also the statistical value of a report of a mechanical failure which
did not result in a NTSB reportable incident.

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Great post, Allen. Glad everything worked out okay.

Just for the heck of it, I'd file the NASA form. Even though you did
absolutely nothing wrong, there is no reason NOT to file one. And, if for
some bizarre reason someone got a bean up their butt about something,

you'd
have your "get-out-of-jail-free-card" in your hip pocket.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

I have not gotten the final cost in yet, since the carberator needs to
be ordered and installed, but I think I am looking at close to $3000.00
after all is said and done for parts and labor. I may get a small
rebate should the company be able to re-use the cylinder (not likely
from the damage I saw).

Allen