Old September 3rd 05, 10:29 AM

What I want:

Initially, controls that provide input accurately enough so they
control the game realistically. It seems like the game and the
controls available are configurable 9 ways from Sunday, so, can I get
this with anything I buy ?

I want rudder control that I can use. Are pedals the only way to go ?

Since any aircraft that I fly use pedals, the answer for me is an
emphatic yes. Although I should add that I just fly gliders where
adverse yaw is always an issue so rudder may be more important for a
glider simulator.

Can I bundle the CH pedals with other brand stick/throttles ?

Yes. This is what I do now. CH pedals and Logitech force feedback
joystick.

I did not like the spring loaded self-centering of the pedals. No
glider that I've heard of has pedals that do this. So I opened up the
CH pedals (thus voiding my warranty), removed the springs, and now the
pedals feel great. Much more realistic. One could argue that at speed
the aero forces on the ruddder will provide some self-centering effect.
Probably true. But nothing as overwhelming as the CH springs, at
least for gliders. Not sure about other craft. Perhaps weaker springs
would be the way to go in some cases.

Regards,

-Doug