Old September 5th 05, 04:18 AM
tony roberts

Plexus is great if you can find it - but they just increased the price
by 50% and reduced the container size by 50% - they're getting greedy.

Lemon Pledge works great and is cheap - for some reason that's beyond
me, Orange Pledge doesn't work as well.

Basically you have 2 types of products:

Products like Novus are abrasive - they remove scratches by rubbing
away a layer of Plexiglass - they come in different numbers with the
number representing the degree of abrasiveness.

Plexus and Pledge don't remove scratches - they fill them with wax.
The result looks the same - but it's less work and your windows will
last longer.

HTH

Tony
C-GICE

In article ,
zatatime wrote:

I'm wondering what type of acrylic cleaners are used to clean the
windsheild and windows in your aircraft and where you get it. I've
found a bunch of cleaners through the standard aviation sales channels
but am wondering if there is something I could pick up locally so I
don't always have to plan ahead.

TIA for any responses.

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL