Old February 27th 07, 11:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

Default Welding 4130...

"Maxwell" wrote

I have had a bearing problems with my Skil Saw. Not the motor, but the
guard bearing is very rough from cutting metal siding.

That is a definite problem, but easily cured by taking apart the guard, and
cleaning and regreasing the sliding surfaces. That is all they are, is two
pieces of metal sliding on each other, with a brass shim between some of
them.

I have had far more problems with the guard gunking up cutting concrete and
other masonry, than cutting steel. Again, about a half hour, clean the
guard, and back in business.

The only problems I have personally experienced with Old Milwaukee brand
products were different levels of morning sickness.

chuckle That HAD to be a Freudian slip, or something. I too, have been
harmed far more by OLD Milwaukee, than by my Milwaukee circular saw.

No doubt, those blades make a mess. Cleaning is a necessary part of the
deal.

Nowadays, diamond blades are cheap enough to justify using them, over the
sacrificing blades. They are much cleaner.
--
Jim in NC