Old February 14th 04, 04:33 AM
dougdrivr

"Ed Rasimus" wrote in message
On 13 Feb 2004 11:44:10 -0800, (Fred the Red
Shirt) wrote:

Ed Rasimus wrote in message

. ..
I don't think anyone disputes that. But how many were there?
CNN today (feel free to correct this) said that 8,000 National
guardsmen served in Vietnam in total. How many Americans in
total served there? How many National guardsmen during that
time did NOT go to Vietnam.

I don't have a number to refute that, but I'm fairly confident that
the number of guardsmen over the ten years of conflict that served in
Vietnam would greatly exceed 8,000.

This sounds more like the number of casualties that were ARNG to me.

One must also make very clear distinctions between AirNG and ArmyNG.
While the Army NG became almost notorious during the conflict, the
AirNG was flying a lot of airplanes in a lot of missions and
maintaining operational readiness.

Explain that remark about being notorious?