Old December 5th 07, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

Default Renter's Insurance?

On 12/5/2007 11:53:39 AM, Dallas wrote:

Do you renters feel the need to pick up supplemental insurance? If so who
did you use and how much did it cost you?

Your buddy is correct. The FBO's insurance protects the FBO and the aircraft.
You need to protect yourself. When I rented I paid about $300 per year for a
renter's insurance policy from USAIG.

You might also try these folks he http://www.air-pros.com/

They are a broker but usually can land very competitive prices on both owner
and renter insurance policies. I use them now for my Bonanza's insurance.

AOPA also has leads on renter's insurance so you may check with them, too.

--
Peter