Old July 11th 04, 08:47 PM
Steve Mellenthin

Subject: Why didn't GWB join the U.S. Air Force ?
From: (WalterM140)
Date: 7/11/2004 2:58 PM Eastern Standard Time
Lets see how ineffective:
Sadaam is in jail and awaiting trial,

Not worth 7,000 US casulaties, including almost 900 KIA.

his country now has the right to protest, with out fear of being executed,
they
have electricity, running water, hospitals with enough supplies to operate,

Ditto above.

There are some fighting still, but read about what happened in Germany
after WWII, there were still some hold outs fights for another 3 yrs AFTER
the
war ended.

Not like this. If you can cite 5 US KIA in one day in Germany in 1948 (we
had
5 KIA yesterday in Iraq), I'd like to see it. If you can show that Nazi
diehards were able to kill the head of the German government, as the
insurgents
did a few weeks ago, throw that in.

Nah, the head of the German government took his own life.

Former SecNav Lehman, one of the 9/11 commissioners said a couple of weeks
ago
that our intel community cannot tell the difference between a bike wreck and
train wreck.

Yeah and who took down the intel community in the last decade and what senator
from Massachusetts voted in favor of those cuts?

We're less safe now than we were on 9/11.

On what measure or basis?

at least Bush has used the military for it's intended mission, and not as a
"meal on wheels" as the last one.

He's detroying the military. At least, that's what was published recently in
the Naval Preceedings.

Again, sir just ask people in the military instead of reading about it. The
Navy is ****ed because they can't have all the aircraft carriers they want. Go
ahead, ask the grunts and ask them how they feel.