Old July 11th 04, 11:05 PM
George Z. Bush

Ace wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 15:57:20 -0400, "George Z. Bush"
wrote:

"Ace" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 14:10:39 +0100,
wrote:

Why didn't GWB join the U.S. Air Force ?

He did join the US Air Force.

The Texas Air National Guard is NOT the U. S. Air Force.

I didn't say it was. President George III *did* join the US Air Force.

I was just responding to whoever said three lines up "He did join the US Air
Force".
He joined the Texas ANG.....the only time he was in the Air Force was during his
flying training. The rest of his service was in the Texas ANG.

The only time any ANG unit is part of the Air Force is when it's been
federalized and activated. That never happened to Dubya. Individual Texas ANG
members may have volunteered for active duty, been accepted and assigned to
regular AF units during the VN War, but that didn't happen to Dubya either.

So, what he joined was the Texas ANG. No need to argue the point any
further.....it won't change anything.

George Z.