Old May 11th 18, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Woodstock Glider

Guys, we're talking about a wooden glider that is covered with plywood and fabric. Space age technology is not required. Your precision cut ribs will be cut in half, then glued to the spar........I'd be more concerned about maintaining a true cord line in the vertical assembly process. Jim's instructions were to glue the master rib sheet to 1/8 birch, then nail two blank rib pieces of 1/4 plywood, then cut to within 1/16 with a band saw, followed by disc sanding down to final size. Then nail two more blanks to the master and repeat the process. After all ribs have been glued to the spar, I like to level everything with a 36" sanding board running it fore and aft as I slowly move down the wing.
Hope this helps,
JJ