View Single Post
Old January 23rd 19, 11:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Williams
external usenet poster

Default pure gliders with ads b?

On Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 5:26:40 PM UTC-6, Scott Williams wrote:
On Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 10:50:29 AM UTC-6, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 6:26:42 PM UTC-7, Scott Williams wrote:
Has anyone actually installed a trig tt22, tn70, ta70 with a peregrine speed switch in a standard type certificated glider in the U.S.A and done the 337 and performance flight?

Don't ask me why, I'm a gadget enthusiast and have the above equipment, and don't fly anywhere near flarm equipped gliders.

Thanks, and Happy New Year!
Scott

Just some FYI. The installation diagram for the Peregrine airspeed switch depicts that it is in the 'low' or open condition when airborne (34 +/- 3 kts), and does not appear adjustable. The ASW-2 switch described from Aircraft Spruce ($47.50) is adjustable from 10-55kts; it is not intended for certified aircraft, which could be an issue for STC folks.

Charlie

On Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 10:50:29 AM UTC-6, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 6:26:42 PM UTC-7, Scott Williams wrote:
Has anyone actually installed a trig tt22, tn70, ta70 with a peregrine speed switch in a standard type certificated glider in the U.S.A and done the 337 and performance flight?

Don't ask me why, I'm a gadget enthusiast and have the above equipment, and don't fly anywhere near flarm equipped gliders.

Thanks, and Happy New Year!
Scott

Just some FYI. The installation diagram for the Peregrine airspeed switch depicts that it is in the 'low' or open condition when airborne (34 +/- 3 kts), and does not appear adjustable. The ASW-2 switch described from Aircraft Spruce ($47.50) is adjustable from 10-55kts; it is not intended for certified aircraft, which could be an issue for STC folks.

Charlie

I am looking at the peregrine diagram right now, and done a continuity test, Charlie is correct, open circuit when pitot pressure above threshold, closed when no differential pressure present, so trig setting would be low when airborne.
Thanks,
Scott

The point of my previous post was the circuit diagram on the peregrine box seems to show pitot pressure closing the circuit, testing shows the opposite, pitot pressure opens circuit.
Scott